The winter time can be difficult to navigate if you’re not someone who’s a snow bunny. It’s cold, dark, and all you want to do is hibernate. Well, hibernating is not going to do a lot for your relationship or dating life! You still need to put in the effort if you want your relationship to thrive or if you are looking to meet that someone special. So, I have compiled a list of ten great winter date ideas to help you make it through what can be an isolating time of year.
- Ice skating– Ice skating is a fun seasonal outing. It is a fantastic way to get close to someone because you can skate hand and hand. Not a great skater? No worries, you can hold onto each other for support.
- Grab a cup of hot chocolate- Hit up a local coffee shop and grab a cup of hot chocolate or your favorite beverage of choice. While you’re sipping on your delicious treat you can chat, and catch up.
- Sledding- Who doesn’t love a good adrenaline rush? Find a slope or hill nearby and bring your sled. Remember to hold on tight as you sled down the hill together!
- Plan a spa day- Sometimes you just need a little R&R. What better way to relax than to get a couples massage? You will both feel carefree and it’s a great way to spend a cold day together.
- Go to a comedy club– Couples that laugh together, stay together. Most clubs have multiple shows on the weekend. You never know, you might be watching the next Amy Schumer in the making.
- Attend a hockey game– Hockey is a great spectator sport! The games are always entertaining and exciting. Don’t forget that this is a great opportunity to snuggle next to the one you are with since the rink will be pretty chilly.
- Sign-up for cooking classes– Cooking is an aphrodisiac! Learning to make a gourmet meal together can be tons of fun! Choose a class geared towards couples and the romance will sizzle!
- Visit a local brewery- Find a local brewery near you and head in for a tasting. Sampling the latest seasonal brews can be a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
- Have a Netflix marathon- Sometimes you don’t want to leave the house. Who says you have to go out to have a good time? Pick a show you’re both interested in and plan to binge watch. Throw in some cheese and wine and you will have yourself a great date night!
- Go to a play- Seeing a new show is a great excuse to leave those sweats behind and to dress up in your best. Getting all dolled up for each other will certainly help ignite the romance!
Dating is critical to strengthening the bond in your relationship. Couples that spend time together doing fun activities tend to be happier in their relationships. Don’t phone it in just because it is the winter time. Get creative, you can still have fun, romantic dates.