Remi Ishizuka, pronounced ‘ Ray-Me’ is half Japanese and Taiwanese born and raised in Los Angeles, CA. She a student health coach with a passion for fitness, a proud bunny mama, and an overall positive + squirrel-y person. Her pictures, from delicious healthy foodie pics to her chic workout pics, are being raved about and is rapidly growing to be a huge health and wellness influencer!
1. How did you get started into fitness and living a healthy lifestyle?
Working out has always been in my life but I never had the discipline to stick to any one routine for very long. My friend showed me Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide at work one day and I jumped at the idea of the workout being only 28 minutes long. I started researching/browsing through Instagram for healthy food recipes and it all started from there! I would get up extra early to make a healthy breakfast bowl loaded with superfoods, veggies, and fruit and it wasn’t long before I started feeling energized, better, and happier. I found a routine that love, and I make sure to sweat everyday, get enough sleep and drink enough water. This lifestyle changed me for the better, forever and I can’t imagine going back now.
2. You are gaining a huge social media following, what message do you want to spread to your fans and followers?
My message is simple- EXPERIMENT! Experiment as much as you can with whole foods, different work outs, even jobs- You never know what’ll stick and where it’ll take you. Also, surround yourself with like-minded positive people that support and inspire you.
3. Being so in shape, what does your weekly workout schedule look like?
Mon- 30 min BBG leg circuit
Tues- 15 min HIIT (sprinting & resting in 30 second intervals) followed by 35 min power walk
Wed- BBG Arms circuit + my #600RepButtChallenge
Thurs- Soul Cycle
Friday- 30 min Abs circuit
Sun- 30 min Full Body circuit
4. You have some amazing food pictures on your page, what is your favorite thing to eat?
Thank you! Lately, I’ve been experimenting with foods that boosts my immune system. I’ve been making a lot of kefir and it’s quickly becoming my favorite superfood to make chia pudding and oats with. Kefir is filled with probiotics – good bacteria for your gut and it tastes so good with fresh fruit.
5. Do you have a motto you live by?
Love what you do, do what you love!
6. When you are not working out, what do you like to do for fun?
Find new restaurants in LA, browse through cookbooks at Barnes and Noble, hang out with my bunny @buns_ , travel with my boyfriend @lil_bian
7. Seems like you are just getting started on this fitness journey, what is next for you?
Complete my health coach training and become a health coach
8. What is one fun fact that your fans don’t know about you?
My mom’s Japanese and my dad’s Taiwanese but they don’t speak each other’s language so we all talk in broken English at home lol!
Make sure to follow Remi!